Friday, November 20, 2009

A Single, Effective Way to Measure Social Media

A few days ago, a few people retweeted a blog post titled 100 Ways to Measure Social Media by David Berkowitz. After reading it, I felt inspired to use what little knowledge I have of social media to show you how I measure social media. I’m sure that others have already done this before, so feel free to apply what I’ve documented:
  1. Open up an Internet browser that supports tabs and open all of the social media sites you actively use.
  2. Grab a ruler and measure the distance from one tab to another. It’s ok if your tabs start disappearing because you have too many open. (NO CHEATING! I know some of you will use tabs like peopleofwalmart.com and icanhascheezburger.com. Don’t be dishonest.)
  3. Take that number in inches and multiply it by how many social sites you have open in tabs.
For those that need help visualizing how I did this, I’ve posted a picture tutorial below.
Measuring social media.

Here are my numbers: 9 inches x 8 sites = a score of 72 social media measurements of complete bragging rights. Go ahead. Measure social media on your own and leave your score in a comment. Hell, post it on Twitter if you want.

*Disclaimer: Measurements may vary depending on your screen size.

Labels: , , ,

posted by ジョシュ @ 8:30 AM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License.

© 2010 columnbreak. :)